Wednesday 28 September 2011

Shana Tova U'Mituka

Happy Almost New Year!
                Since the new year is going to reach me before it reaches all of you, I thought I would give you a little shout out, but I swear I won’t ruin any surprises! I am finishing up things here at work and then will be on me way to Nairobi, Kenya for Rosh Hashana services and some touring. There is no synagogue near me in Uganda and since it is a long weekend anyways- it seemed like the perfect time to go. I am extremely excited to go to Kenya and I can’t believe I can just take a bus there, but the actual travel process is not one that I am excited about. In a few hours, I will go to the bus station for a 10-12 hour bus ride into Nairobi. Nope, not a typo, those are the right numbers. I get super antsy when the bus ride from New York to Boston takes more than 4 hours and now 12 HOURS!! I have everything I need for the weekend in a little bag so I will be fine on space. I brought some cards to play with my roommate who is coming with me (thank god) and an ipod. My roommate has some mild sleeping pills to help us sleep but not bad enough that we won’t be able to come to when we cross the border. If anyone has any other tips for the long bus ride- let me know!
                Other than that, I just cannot believe I am starting the new year in a new continent, let alone Africa. I feel super blessed and wish everyone a happy and healthy new year (even if it just means that you get two days off work)
Be Safe (and yes, I will take the same advice as well)
Shira ZK

No comments:

Post a Comment